Pages

Tuesday 22 February 2011

ADELE MATCHES THE BEATLES IN LATEST CHART SUCCESS

Singer becomes first living artist since the Fab Four to have two releases in each of the top five singles and album charts at once.



Adele has become the first artist since the Beatles to have two top five singles and two top five albums in the charts at the same time. Buoyed by her rendition at last week's Brit awards, the singer's newest single, Someone Like You, jumped 46 spots to become her first No 1 hit. That song joins Rolling in the Deep, which sits at No 4; on the album charts, Adele's first two LPs – 21 and 19 – are also at No 1 and No 4 respectively.

"It's amazing," Adele told BBC Radio 1. "I've never had a No 1 single [before]. I'm probably annoying everyone as well, as I cried at the Brits and everything. I'm just so overwhelmed – I can't believe the response to it."


Book tickes to Adele London concerts at www.premierevents.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment